Sunday, March 1, 2009

Below- Hayley's party and Above the black and pink table!!
What a weekend we had here!! On Friday night Hayley had her "black and white soiree" to celebrate her 18th bday. She invited all girls and they came in black and white. when they arrived she was dressed in bright pink. I guess that is the thing to do now. She actually looked darling and was the "bell of the ball". I spent the whole day grocery shopping, decorating and making food for the party. I had to go back and forth to Sycamore 2x because furniture was being delivered that afternoon. So now we have a bed to sleep on and Dad has a desk in his office. The party was a big success and we all slept there (including Rusty) on Fri night. Then on Sat am I got up and started cleaning up the whole thing so that Dad and I could have a dinner party that night for 7 people. He worked in the basement and I cleaned, cooked and set up for the next pary. I do have to say that the food was excellent- probably the best dinner that I have ever made. Garlic cheese stuffed chicken with mashed potatoes, basil green bean, salad, bread and lemon squares with raspberry sorbet for dessert. Right after dinner we went to see the rpo do "That's Amore" with guest tenor Tonio DiPaulo. It was great. After church we had to go out to the house again and clean up. Tonight I am packing to go Kent to see Noel and Amber and Greg.What a weekend!!

No comments: